Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CuteChicks Shopping Tips!!!

   Happy Tuesday Cuties!! I was going to do another recipe post....but I didn't have my camera at the time & I absolutely hate recipes w/ no pictures so I decided not to do it. I figured I would just share some tips instead! I believe the biggest misconception about cooking is that it takes too long in regards to prep. I can honestly tell you that isn't the case in most dishes if you're not prepared. One way to avoid that is to shop smart!!! I find a lot of people really don't know how to grocery shop. I may have an unfair advantage though, as my father would send me & my sisters in the store w/ a list and money as young as 11,lol.

   Don't go grocery shopping when you've run out of everything or when you're hungry, this results in you buying things just for the moment. In my opinion, all generally good cooks have a well stocked kitchen. It also just gets too darn expensive to go to the grocery store more than twice a week. Listed below are a few tips that I live by :-)

Smart Shopping Tips for CuteChicks
1. Write a list & stick to it!!!!!! This saves you time & money by allowing you to bypass anything you don't need. If you just happen to be a habitual browser, at least get what you NEED 1st!

2. Browse through the circulars!!! This also saves you money by letting you see what that store has on sale. Most supermarkets have them available online now so you can browse & compare pricing. I am by no means one of those maniac coupon people (I mean who really has that kind of time) but I do love a good deal!

3. Plan your meals for the week!!! By doing this you can plan meals for food that you already have. This in turn keeps you from buying unnecessary food since you may already have it on hand

4. Buy your staples in bulk! You should always have things such as pasta, onions, bell peppers, potatoes or whatever you use often in your cooking on hand. When there is a big sale, STOCK UP!!! Typically you will never not need these things & they last a good while.

5. Buy already prepped items!! So many supermarkets have pre-cut veggies such as onions & peppers and seafood/meat departments that will steam your shrimp or cut down a roast for you. Use these services if you don't have time to do them yourself, that's why they're there! I am a huge advocate for saving time when cooking, it allows you more time to enjoy your food ....and I don't know about y'all, but I HATE actually standing in a kitchen longer than necessary :-)

I hope these help some of you CuteChicksCook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment